“As Agile becomes main-stream, the values laid down by the Agile Manifesto are continuously challenged in different ways during its adoption in different situations. Great coaches help teams and organizations in facing and overcoming these challenges through various learning techniques, so that the issues can be handled effectively. Coaches help teams and organizations embrace agile in its true spirit in order to maximize value that is delivered to the customer.
The Coaching stage presents sessions for people who want to help teams become better at agile software development. We are seeking interactive sessions that explore practical techniques a coach can use with teams. We also want to hear stories from experienced coaches that sharing insights into what works and what to avoid.
As an agile coach and mentor, you will learn about skills and techniques needed to improve team effectiveness so that you can guide your teams towards unleashing their true potential. As an agile team member, you will get a better understanding of different perspectives and techniques for improving team dynamics and create a better work environment. This stage will have multiple sessions, potentially including experience reports, tutorials, talks, workshops and research papers. Through these sessions Coaches, Mentors, Leaders and Team members will enhance their existing toolset and return with real life examples and thought leadership in this area. With these insights, they will be in a better position to apply this knowledge and get great results for their situation.
This stage will cover the following:
• Coaching and Mentoring skills and techniques
• Coaching challenges with people and technology
• Helping teams discover and deal with team dysfunctions
• Coaching in different situations (product development, IT services, consulting, distributed teams, new and mature teams, large and small teams etc.)
• Coaching for the enterprise
Come and learn techniques, listen to the experience of other coaches, and see how you can better support teams in their Agile journey.”
A space for conference participants to freely interact and mingle with Coaches. We will invite Coaches to sign up for this before and at the conference and coordinate with the Open Jam stage.
Opportunities to contribute:
- Contributing to Coaches Corner (sign up to be a coach on call or when convenient during the event)
- Help the stage evolve (by signing up to update your ideas on the Titan Pad created for the stage: http://agile2012india.titanpad.com/2 )
- Submitting for the stage (http://submit2012india.agilealliance.org/)
- If you would like to be a reviewer, let me know